Hot Guys Who Cook Recipes
Paolo Gonzalez’s Holiday Prawns Special
- 9 large prawns
- 3 kalamansi, squeezed
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, finely chopped
- 3 slices ham, chopped
- 3 bacon rashers, chopped
- 1 cup shrimp, chopped
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Celsius.
- Wash prawns and dip in boiling water until slightly red. Set aside.
- With sharp scissors, cut shell lengthwise from head to tail very carefully.
- Cut through the meat. Open and marinate with mixture of kalamansi juice and soy sauce. Set aside for a few minutes before removing meat from shell. Then chop finely.
- Heat butter in frying pan and sauté garlic until brown.
- Add onions, celery, pepper, ham, bacon, shrimp and prawns and sauté for a few minutes.
- Stuff prawn shells with mixture.
- Cover with bread crumbs.
- Top with cheese and bake 20-25 minutes.
- 10. Serve with Aioli sauce (see note)
Note:To make Aioli sauce, mix crushed garlic, olive oil, mayonnaise and freshly squeezed lemons.